Number of tracks: 19
Music style: classical, romancy, charming.
I enjoyed the guitar, piano solos and recorder music. However, I’m biased because I enjoyed playing the recorder/ocarina when I was younger. For both ‘Silhouette of a Breeze’ and ‘Solitude’ I prefer the recorder versions, they seem to lend themselves to the emotion in the music more.
I really didn’t enjoy tracks with the harpsichord, and no particular track seemed to stand out from the others.
2) Love at first sight – really chilled guitar music.
9) Silhouette of a Breeze (piano solo) – I prefered this to the title track, think it’s the lack of bells!
10) With him – this is borderlining on the prettiness of the guitar music in Aria.
13) Solitude (Recorder ver.) – melancholic, but better than harpsichords!
16) Menuet for EMMA (Piano ver.) – surprisingly better than the recorder version. :)
19) Silhouette for a Breeze – bouncy group of recorders mp3.
Not a CD that’s going on my mp3 player, but not a bad soundtrack either. Just not really up there with the ‘special’ quality like Aria or Mushishi.
Overall rating: C